Sunday, July 16, 2006

Gettin Lucky...

... In Kentucky!!!

Yeah I went to Jamey Aebersold's Summer Jazz Workshop at the University of Louisville in Kentucky this past week, and boy was it exciting. I ran into several interesting people including the former saxophone player for the Beatles (my combo teacher), Bobby Shew (famous trumpet player), the bass player from Earth Wind and Fire, and Slide Hampton (very famous trombone player). It was outstanding. I took some SWEET PICS for all of you to enjoy, so here you are!

this is our barf bag puppet that we made. the child in the background is my new pal Diego. he's a cool dude, but not half as cool as that barf bag puppet.


I took this with all of you in mind.. I just wanted you all to see for yourselves that men and women should NOT under ANY circumstances stand on opposite sides of bird baths with free floating squares over them. It is absolutely unacceptable.

Just so you know how to properly secure an infant into a floatation device. i mean, who really reads these things. especially now that they can get the highlights here on What Now. Because I'm looking out for you.



Slide Hampton




My Combo, and our instructor, Gene Walker (of the beatles)



Mr Aebersold giving us a lesson on jazz roots.



and a cool car that i got to sit in


well kids, thats all for now. Be good, and be safe, and keep in touch!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a bunch of fun. And that's a real neat looking car too. Speaking of cars, I need to wash mine. It has bird poop on it. :( But anyway-Hope your summer is going great! I miss you! Call me if you need some cookies or something.
~Lauren~

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

will do!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home