Friday, September 10, 2004

Gather 'Round, Kids! Gramps is Tellin' a Story!

Well, for today, I will relate a story I heard from one Mr. Dickey in 2nd period today. Kinda funny. See if you like it - I can't quote it word for word, but I'll try to give it as a summary, written from his perspective.

So, I went on this cruise with my family for 7 days around Europe. (Class: Ooh, awe...) This one time, We were in Paris, and we lost our kid, but found him in like 20 seconds after we realized he was gone. you see, we were in the subway, and it's like 3 levels of subways, and we were really scared, then this black woman pulls him (my son) around a corner with her and we found him. But, anyway, (chuckle), that's not the real story i was going to tell. So we're in Venice, and what's important to know about Venice, anyone? (Class: ... it's on the water?) Yeah, it's got canals everywhere, and you boat around. So anyway, we were leaving, and we were in the airport. I was standing next to this black woman with big, crazy hair who's like an inch taller and about 150 lbs. heavier than me (Mr. Dickey is like 6'0" and about 180lbs). She's pretty massive, and she's smackin' on gum the whole time, and I'm thinkin', "dang, i sure hope i don't sit next to her." But I did anyway, and I found out she's from Nigeria. So anyway, we get to the escalator and... you all know what an escalator is, right? (Class: uh... Oh, yeah.) Good. Well, i thought, you know, this is Vilonia, Arkansas, and ... well, anyway, we get there, and She's got this big flowing dress on that reaches the floor, and she's got this big bag of stuff. Well, you know how there's this flat part before you get to the part that goes up? well, she left her bag on the front part, and gets on the moving part. Well, she remembers, and turns around and bends down to get it, so her butt's like filling up the whole dang entrance of the escalator, and all I can see of her from where I am (towards the top). So THEN her big multicolored scarf thingy gets caught in the escalator, and her feet keep going up with the escalator, and screams some stuff in Nigerian, or whatever they speak in Nigeria. This guy runs over, and they stop it, but that has to be one of those real funny moments that just get you right here, every time. Haha hahaha ha....
(the end)
Well, there you go. I better go get ready for the big game tonight (V-town vs. Hot Springs Lakeside, WORD UP!!!) and whatnot. Peace out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

thats pretty funny, right there. but you never got to the part where mr dickey and this nigerian beast went to the local brewpub to intoxicate themselves and share their thoughts on philosophy, politics (which we've decided not to touch on) and what makes the world go 'round. how could you leave out that crutial detail, man.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home