Thursday, September 09, 2004

Tengo gusto de la música latina y del jazz latino, pero soy de Vilonia. ¿Qué hacer?

What's up fellas -
Today on Y.I.D.G.I.E., I think I'll try to post something meaningful - please indulge me at your leisure (or "leh'zhah" as the Brits say)

....

Okay, strike the 'meaningful' part.

Anyway, I would like to announce that I have received, this afternoon, at approximately 4:55 P.M., central-standard time, a package containing three CD's full of the best of Salsa, Samba, Mambo, Bomba, Bossa (nova), Bolero, Son, Latin-Jazz, and Guaracha (Or, collectively, "Latin") music, all going towards my increased mastery and appreciation for the art form as a listener and performer. So, now, when you all see me, ask, "So, what did you think of Palo Pa' Rumba?" or, "Isn't 'Eastern Joy Dance' awesome?" or, "Dang, Eddie Palmieri can sure tinkle 'los' ivories, eh?"
I would also like to add that I am available for entertaining any Mexican Hat-Dances or Mariachi Weddings, Parties, and Funerals, or just for a little spicy accompaniment to your next dinner party.
"¡Arrrrrriba!"

[P.S. - for the uninitiated, the title says "I like latin music and latin jazz, but I am from Vilonia. What shall I do?"]

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

did you say mariachi weddings?

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home